Why Good A/C Ventilation Is Important To Your Home’s Health
HOUSTON, July 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Having good air conditioning ventilation, especially during the summer months in Houston, is critical to home comfort levels (and essential to health), according to Valderrama Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
Insufficient ventilation of the air conditioning can lead to poor air quality, more mold and bacteria in the air and higher moisture levels.
Is there a way to tell if an air conditioning unit is properly ventilated or not? If you’ve noticed any of the following, consider calling the HVAC experts:
- Bad odor. You’ve noticed a strong or bad odor that just won’t go away no matter how hard you try. Whether you use natural or synthetic air fresheners and clean every surface you can, it seems like you can’t find the source and make it disappear.
- Humidity. The wallpaper or paint will begin to flake off. You can physically feel the extra humidity in the air. You may have even noticed that you or your family are getting sick more often.
- Inconsistent cooling. You’ve set the temperature where you want it, but you don’t seem to feel the cooling properties of your air conditioning. An HVAC system that is not properly ventilated can result in uneven or inconsistent cooling and heating.
Continuing without proper air conditioning ventilation can affect your health, especially if mold is involved. According to Real-time Lab, “at least 45 million buildings in the United States have unhealthy levels of mold.” And there’s a good chance that poor ventilation is one of the main causes of that.
For those with compromised immune systems, respiratory problems, or a combination of these, adequate ventilation is critical to your overall health. Living or working in an environment that is not well ventilated with mold due to excessive moisture can cause the following symptoms:
- Damage to the respiratory system
- A fever
- Irritation of the eyes, nose and throat
Valderrama air conditioning and refrigeration is home to the HVAC experts with 24/7 availability, which can be crucial as temperatures reach the 90s and beyond. If you suspect improper ventilation in your home, do not hesitate to contact the professionals at (713) 528-8467. With the emergency services available, Valderrama Air Conditioning and Refrigeration is happy to assist in the city Houston and the surrounding areas.
SOURCE Valderrama Airco & Cooling