NALFA elects first female president
Washington DC—The North American Laminate Flooring Association (NALFA) gathered in Asheville, NC for its annual fall meeting. Members gathered in person to catch up with friends old and new and promote NALFA.
NALFA chose its officers and committee chairmen at its fall meeting, noting that NALFA is the first hard floor association to elect a woman as its senior officer.
Below is the full NALFA leadership team:
- President: Barbara Ellenberg June, Swiss Krono USA, Inc.
- Vice President and Treasurer: Tom Wright, Mohawk Industries, Inc.
- Company Secretary: Dennis Bradway, Mannington Mills, Inc.
- Technical Chair: Karen Haynes, Mohawk Industries, Inc.
- Vice President of Technology: Anthony Drevet, Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Marketing Co-Chair: John Hammel, Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Marketing Co-Chair: Barbara Ellenberg June, Swiss Krono USA, Inc.
- Underlayment chair: Mickey Davis, Pak-Lite, Inc.
Representatives of regular production members at the meeting included: Classen, Kaindl Flooring GmbH, Kronospan, Swiss Krono USA, Mannington Mills Inc., Mohawk Industries, Shaw Industries Group Inc. and Torlys Inc. Also in attendance were representatives from DMX Plastics, MP Global Products, Pak-Lite, Inc. and Selit North America Inc., Arauco NA, Arclin USA Inc., Floor & Decor, and NC State University.
Chris Tuff, author of the New York Times bestselling book “The Millennial Whisperer,” spoke to members about communication styles and provided numerous tips on guiding our next generation of leaders. dr. Delton Councilor for the USDA gave an informative presentation on the state of housing. According to NALFA, the groups discussed a wide variety of topics during breakout committee meetings.