Different ways to spray with your new kitchen faucet
Hi Ed: I plan to make a long-awaited replacement for the kitchen faucet in my kitchen. I want a pull-down type with a multipurpose spray nozzle. Before I get locked into one type, can you discuss some different spray nozzle features I might be able to add?
– Sandra, Georgia
Dear Sandra: Many pull-out and pull-out kitchen faucets have different spray head functions to choose from. Watch what you want to include and hopefully you can find a faucet that matches your local codes and has at least one or two of the features you like.
Here are some nozzle options I worked with:
– Pause. This function stops and starts the water flow quickly without turning off the tap handle.
– Ring pattern. This round spray pattern is great for daily cleaning and rinsing.
– Gentle spray. Wider, lighter and softer spray for gentle washing.
– Sweeping spray. Creates a thin, powerful sheet of water, ideal for rinsing down the sink.
– “Boost” technology. This feature temporarily increases the water flow with just the push of a button. You will enjoy using boost.
Main Contractor / Plumber Ed Del Grande is internationally known as the author of the book “Ed Del Grande’s House Call”, the presenter of TV and Internet shows and a green LEED employee. Visit eddelgrande.com or write email@example.com. Always consult local contractors and codes.
Comments are closed.