Building Maintenance Mechanic I – Facilities Management Job Post
Role: maintenance and cleaning
The Center for Computing Sciences looking for a skilled and resourceful building maintenance technician. This position is responsible for carpentry, site management and general repair and maintenance of plumbing, electrical or telephone systems. Due to the nature of the work and the need for sometimes extensive coverage, this position is often required to work overtime or hours outside of a regularly scheduled shift.
1. Conducts daily tours of the facility; responds to requests from Facility Manager Administrator or specific work assignments to perform maintenance repairs and / or adjustments. Can provide daily maintenance, repair or installation services to plumbing, electrical installations, elevator or telephone systems. Performs general custodial duties as needed.
2. Provides maintenance services such as installing and repairing locks, painting, putting up white signs or bulletin boards, repairing masonry, hanging doors, replacing, repairing or
3. Laying carpets, installing or repairing small fixtures or equipment, repairing furniture.
4. Helps move furniture or equipment, conference or special event setups, lift and move furniture and materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Can help set up or operate audiovisual equipment.
5. Monitors and meets OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and / or MOSH (Maryland Occupational Safety and Health) Administration requirements for CCS.
6. Performs seasonal tasks such as removing snow from walks and landscaping.
7. Supervise non-cleared personnel and contractors as required.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
– High school diploma or equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the general professions, preferably carpenter.
– Possibility to work at a height of 6 meters above ground level (to replace light bulbs in the parking lot). Must be able to stand, bend, bend, kneel, climb and work in exhausting and uncomfortable positions and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
– Must be willing to work overtime or hours outside the regular schedule.